I bet you think this blog will be about the wedding, huh? J Yes, we did get hitched, but the pictures aren’t in yet and I want to wait until we have all the pics before I blog. For now, know it was the most wonderful day for us and spending time with our friends and family in such a magical place. I cannot wait to share it with you all.
Right now, Brett and I are focused on two things: moving and applying for scholarships. The next 12 months are going to be difficult on our bank account so we’re setting ourselves up for as much success as possible. I’m applying for as many scholarships as I can. I will most likely have to work quite a bit during school, but I’ve heard some people say you can get quite a lot of help with scholarships. It’s just that no one takes the time to apply. So, I figure I’ll apply for as many as I can and see what I can get. How great would it be if I didn’t have to work while I went to school?! While I work on essays and applications, Brett is scouring craigslist and Austin Home Search for a new place. We hope to check some places out in the evenings this week.
Additionally, Michelle is finishing all her tasks for nursing school (order scrubs, get a Tb test, renew CPR, complete learning modules, etc.) and looking for a part-time job to have during school (unless I hit scholarship pay dirt).
We leave for our honeymoon August 6th so we have a lot to do before then. Wedding, moving, preparing for school, finding a new job, honeymoon, then starting school. It’s a lot to do in 7 weeks. We’re really going to have to focus. We’ll keep you posted.
In the meantime, here are some pictures from the beginning of our trip to Michigan. I found one of Evan’s toy trains in my car before we left so we kept a funny photo journal of Koko in all sorts of different places. That’s why, in some of the pictures, Koko is the feature. J It was a fun thing to do. The full album of "Koko's Big Adventure" is on my Picasa site if you want to check it out.
| Brett enjoys Wixom Lake |
| Betty relaxing at Pontoon Alley |
| Koko makes hobo pies. |
Michelle and Brett at Michigan Stadium |
| There's a tradition at Michigan that whoever you kiss under "The Arch", you will marry. |
No comments:
Post a Comment